Ku Ku KaChew

Welcome to the world of Ku! This was originally a food blog, but I am turning it into a general collection of my life experiences :)
If you're looking for my raw food blog, you can find it here: http://atlantarawks.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Verdura, day 1

On Tuesday I got picked up by the Kevin, an American guy who does the Shanghai sales of the Verdura farm. We met up with the van where I met Summer, a Chinese girl, and a Chinese guy, Chenyong (sp?). We dropped off several coolers of microgreens to a restaurant on the Bund. Was really cool to see the kitchen of a Chinese restaurant and soak in the smells of their prep work :-D

Took only about an hour to get to the farm in Fengxian, south of Shanghai. Was greeted by 4 dogs, 2 are puppies, and they were all very sweet. I will be at this farm for the next 6 weeks! I'm sharing a room with Summer and Kevin, although Kevin lives in Shanghai and doesn't usually stay at the farm. Beat (pronounced Bay-ot), is an older Swiss guy who manages the farm. He is in charge and also lives in the house. The rest of the workers are Chinese and don't stay at the hhouse. There are oonly about 8 of us total!

Ate spaghetti, cabbage, and hard boiled duck eggs for dinner. We all went to bed around 9pm because work starts at 7am! I was surprised to have no trouble falling asleep that early :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment