Ku Ku KaChew

Welcome to the world of Ku! This was originally a food blog, but I am turning it into a general collection of my life experiences :)
If you're looking for my raw food blog, you can find it here: http://atlantarawks.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Hanoi to Hong Kong

Bun Bo Nam Bo, so freaking delicious!! 

Sticky rice street food with pork belly and I think mung bean? 

Bought a face mask for 9,000 dong ($0.43) for pollution and cuz I could feel I was starting to get sick :-\ Bound to happen with all the traveling. 

Flew Hong Kong Airlines. Behind my row of seats, some kind of gas was visibly coming out of the vents. Perhaps it was just cuz it was cold so you could see the air, but it looked so crazy! 

Also, the Chinese do not like wearing seat belts hah. As soon as the light went off when we were in the air, half the plane unclicked. And as soon as we landed, most of the passengers unclicked way before we got to the gate.

Hong Kong is like a city from the future! Quite literally, with the time zone from the States hah, as are all Asian cities. While Hong Kong is actually smaller in population (by 1 million) than Bangkok, it seems more condensed. It was really awesome having my first impression be at night, I got into the city around 10pm. All the buildings were so pretty and lit up and before getting to Hong Kong Island, all the tall buildings I passed on my bus ride were unmarked, which makes me think they were all enormous apartment buildings? Was really incredible. I almost don't know how to describe it! I guess all the lights and how up to date everything is makes it feel like it's futuristic. The 50 minute $40 HKD ($5) bus ride into the city was double decker with flat screens. There was a marquee at the front of both levels indicating the upcoming stops in Chinese and English.

I'm staying in Causeway Bay, a busy area with lots of shopping. 

After meeting a few other travelers while waiting for the shower, I got to bed. Had to take some meds so I could breathe and not disturb everyone in the room, but was able to sleep. I've enjoyed being a nomad but I am excited to be on my first farm in China where I will be settled in one place for about 8 weeks! 

1 comment: