Ku Ku KaChew

Welcome to the world of Ku! This was originally a food blog, but I am turning it into a general collection of my life experiences :)
If you're looking for my raw food blog, you can find it here: http://atlantarawks.blogspot.com

Monday, May 19, 2014

Hong Kong, day 3

Hostel - room with 9 beds sharing one bathroom. Middle bunk with curtain, actually felt the most private of any hostel so far. Much more expensive in HK at $22/night, vs $6 in Thailand and $5 in Vietnam. However, still pretty darn cheap. I can't think of a clean, decent place to stay for $22 in the middle of New York, or even Atlanta!

DimDimSum restaurant
Some type of dumpling with pork, water chestnuts, celery, and peanuts. Shui mai, and a glutinous rice packet, yummm.

Walked around street markets.
Frogs for sale, fish bladders, veggies galore, squid, rabbit carcass and organs?, hearts, livers, intestines, feet... Fascinating to just observe!
Dried scallops, fish, mussels, squid, etc.
Fresh noodles

Moomin!

Had snake soup for dinner, a Cantonese specialty. Wasn't bad at all, but definitely not something I would crave :-P
So I went back to the street market to buy a handful of fresh Chinese broccoli to sautée at the hostel. I have been eating a lot of meat with dim sum and was needing some greens in my life. Only cost me $2.20HKD ($0.28) :-D I missed cooking and went to bed quite satisfied with my time in HK.

No comments:

Post a Comment