Ku Ku KaChew

Welcome to the world of Ku! This was originally a food blog, but I am turning it into a general collection of my life experiences :)
If you're looking for my raw food blog, you can find it here: http://atlantarawks.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Ha Long Bay and Monkey Island

Sunrise on the boat. 

Bus ride to south end of Cat Ba Island. Left my camera on the bus but the guide was very sweet in getting the driver to come back before it had gotten too far. 

Stayed at Monkey Island Resort in bungalows on a very private beach! 

Lunch: Hot pot! My favorite!! 

Hike to Cat Ba National Park, treacherous hike but well worth it! 
Then hiked another rocky vertical path behind the resort to monkey beach. 
Monkeys ate white bread, but not the crust or the ends! Picky little monkies... Stole people's water bottles and used their teeth to bite through the plastic. 

Swam a bit and relaxed on the very peaceful beach. 

Walked up a path to a lookout pavillion to watch the sunset. The pavillion wasn't actually finished so we all had to be really careful since there were only a couple wooden boards to stand on!

Dinner: BBQ buffet. Grilled oysters, chicken, pork, and squid, veggies, salad, egg rolls, spring rolls, French fries, soup. A wonderful feast! 

This 3 day, 2 night excursion provided a good opportunity to bond with fellow foreigners. I mainly stuck with 2 British guys and my Hollander roommate rather than the Americans. I really didn't care for the arrogant, pretentious attitude of a couple of them. I get so frustrated when I see how some Americans act because I really want to prove that not all Americans are loud and obnoxious. The Brits commiserated with me when we came across a group of rowdy British guys in the cave the day before. I guess we all have to fight stereotypes! 

After dinner we all wanted to do something not too strenuous or active while our food settled. We decided on ping pong, thinking it would be calm and relaxing. It was the exact opposite! We laughed SO much and just had a great time playing around!! Was definitely a memorable evening! 

Slept in a rustic but comfortable bungalow with mosquito netting over bed and the sounds of the ocean :-) 

3 comments: