Ku Ku KaChew

Welcome to the world of Ku! This was originally a food blog, but I am turning it into a general collection of my life experiences :)
If you're looking for my raw food blog, you can find it here: http://atlantarawks.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Chiang Mai - Dirtbiking and Tigers


I started the first day of May crossing off 2 things at the top of my bucket list!! Riding a dirtbike and touching tigers! 

I hadn't been on a bike in about 2.5 years, and even then it was only a motorcycle class where I rode one very tamely around a parking lot. So upon arriving at X-Centre, I asked if I could practice a bit before we headed up a mountain hah. The practice loop had patches of pretty slippery mud and I had a couple proper spills while getting reacquainted. Had to get nice and dirty to make sure I was getting my money's worth ;-) It was pretty nice because I was the only one who signed up to ride that morning so it was like a private session! After a few times around the loop, we headed to the vertical trail. We were out on paved roads for a bit before getting to a more rustic road. My guide stopped very suddenly to avoid a flock of baby chickens and a snake in the road. Unfortunately we had a bit of a crash and I fell while trying to stop before hitting him. The snake was maimed and sadly a baby chicken didn't make it :-( The guide made sure I was alright and I assured him I was fine, later finding a pretty bruise on my shoulder. We got to these base of the mountain and the trail was AWESOME!! Tons of rocky terrain and the dirtbikes handled it great. At one point we even went over a short bridge made of branches about the same width as the wheels and let me say, I honestly wasn't sure I'd make it over both ways hah. Sometimes you just gotta let adrenaline take over and hope for the best! At a scenic point, we stopped for a breather and to take a couple pictures before heading back, as I only did an hour long session. It was a fantastic time and I hope to be able to ride again soon!!

I went back to my hostel to eat my cooking class leftovers for lunch, which were even more delicious the next day! Then it was time for tigers! Went to the Tiger Kingdom and got a Small and Big package to be with different tigers. I thought I would get a picture with one small tiger and one big tiger, but instead I got to be in an enclosed area with about a 6 small tigers and then in another area with about 4 big ones! The staff were nice and funny (saying "Ooh, American meat!") while kindly taking pictures for me since I was by myself. They've clearly been doing this a while because they knew how to get great angles! This post has pictures of some cats on their own. Next post has pictures of me with them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment