Ku Ku KaChew

Welcome to the world of Ku! This was originally a food blog, but I am turning it into a general collection of my life experiences :)
If you're looking for my raw food blog, you can find it here: http://atlantarawks.blogspot.com

Monday, May 19, 2014

Hong Kong to Shanghai

Pretty views of HK on the bus ride to the airport

Wavey ceiling in airport. Huge airport, 2 terminals just for checking in!

Expensive airport lunch of rice, fried shrimp, eel, shredded cabbage, pickled cucumbers, and tartar sauce hah. The tartar sauce made me think of being back in he States! Cost me $88HKD, or $11.35. All airport food is pricey! But it was filling and yummy and was also a  great way for me to use up my Hong Kong dollars.

Once again, visible gas in the airplane before take off! Perhaps it's a Hong Kong thing, cuz nobody else seems to know what I'm talking about. Nobody else on the plane was fazed by this, but it is a creepy sight! I didn't feel particularly woozy or sleepy so I guess it's all good hah.

I passed the time on the plane by doing a bit of drawing, something I plan to do more of during this trip :-)

My sweet cousin, Keith, met me at the airport! He's been in Shanghai on a study abroad with school and was nice enough to offer for me to stay with him while I was in Shanghai before going to my first farm. We grabbed KFC before hopping on the bus and I don't know how to compare it to KFC in the US cuz I've never had it there! Was fast food!

Keith and his roommates actually just moved into a new apartment the same day I arrived in Shanghai so the place was brand new and quite big! 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom. Everyone here is very nice and have been very welcoming :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment