Ku Ku KaChew

Welcome to the world of Ku! This was originally a food blog, but I am turning it into a general collection of my life experiences :)
If you're looking for my raw food blog, you can find it here: http://atlantarawks.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Shanghai, day 3

Woke up late. Mosquitos were super annoying last night, and we don't even know where they were coming from cuz we're on the 8th floor! Keith and I were going crazy at 4am and we finally put some insect repellent on our ears (cuz we kept hearing them buzzing) but we still got bit up! They are incredibly persistent here! 

Walked around Fudan University to get some lunch. Had Szechuan noodles that weren't particularly spicy, but my entire mouth was tingly. I thought I was having a mild allergic reaction hah. My cousin later told me that those noodles are famous for being tingly! Their name means numb and spicy! 

Went to my cousin's economics class which was really interesting. The professor is Taiwanese and there were a total of only 8 students (including me). Was interesting to sit in on the class and the professor was very laid back and engaging. 

Went back to Keith's apartment and I made him and his roommate my grandmother's Chinese noodle dish. Some friends came over and we drank chrysanthemum bai jiu, which is a very strong alcohol here. They took me out to Mural, a salsa club, and we had a great time! Makes me laugh how popular Latin dancing is in Asia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment