Ku Ku KaChew

Welcome to the world of Ku! This was originally a food blog, but I am turning it into a general collection of my life experiences :)
If you're looking for my raw food blog, you can find it here: http://atlantarawks.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tokyo

Hello all!

I'm safe in the Narita airport after a luxurious business class flight! 10 hours in the Detroit airport was totally worth the 12-hour flight in a lie-flat seat! I even ate scallops for dinner! Flying stand-by is like playing roulette, and it's definitely never boring! :-P

After the flight, I was in line to go through customs and was talking to the guy behind me and he offered to let me come up to the Delta lounge as his guest while I wait for my next flight! Free congee, sushi, drinks, snacks, and wifi in the lounge. Needless to say I am getting quite spoiled with all of this fancy treatment!

I will be arriving in Bangkok late tonight and I am REALLY looking forward to a shower, as I haven't had one since Monday night!! I just booked a room at a hotel (with good reviews) for a whopping $21! Man I am so pumped about Thailand, things are sooo cheap! And the food! Lemme at it!!

After a full night's sleep tonight, I should be well rested and ready to really start my adventure, even though it has started out with quite a bang already! I'll go into the city in the morning/afternoon and scope out a hostel and hopefully meet up with a friend (from Germany!) who should be arriving today as well! Yet another friend will be arriving in Bangkok on Monday and it absolutely tickles me that all of our paths will be crossing on the opposite side of the world! How cool the world works sometimes :-)

I am so excited to be going to a new place and I absolutely cannot wait to share it with you all!! :-D


USB charger and standard outlet 


Night light 


Despicable Me

Prociutto-wrapped scallops, succotash, and arugula 

Noodles and congee in the airport lounge

View from row 6 on a 747 

No comments:

Post a Comment