Ku Ku KaChew

Welcome to the world of Ku! This was originally a food blog, but I am turning it into a general collection of my life experiences :)
If you're looking for my raw food blog, you can find it here: http://atlantarawks.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello, 2012!

Hi foodies! Apologies for the negligence. I keep making all these things but I wanna perfect them before making videos!! But then again, maybe learning along with me would be just as valuable? We'll see, I'll try to be better and make more videos :)

For lunch today I made Chinese style green beans.


1 Tbsp sesame oil
2 cloves garlic (minced)
Large bunch of fresh green beans, rinsed and tips broken off (I like to leave the cute end, but I break off the nub)
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 Tbsp tamari / soy sauce / Bragg's
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp chili oil
1/4 cup water

Heat sesame oil and garlic in wok until garlic gets golden, make sure it doesn't burn! Add green beans and stir so that they are coated with the oil and garlic. While the beans are softening, mix the oyster sauce, tamari, honey, and chili oil together in a small bowl. Add some water to the beans to trigger steaming. After a few minutes, add the sauce and continue cooking until the beans are softened but still have a bit of a crunch. If it's too watery, just turn the heat up and constantly stir so that the water can evaporate but you won't burn anything. These are delicious and very easy to make! I thought I would have leftovers but they were just too good!!



I received a handy-dandy ice cream / sorbet maker for Christmas to make my own sorbets and dairy-free ice creams!! I couldn't wait to try this out, and the first batch was Alton Brown's Good Eats orange sherbet!


I used soymilk instead of whole milk and it tastes like orange creamsicle!!! Mmmmmmmmm.

However, the very first thing I noticed is that this is extremely sweet, and my tongue swelled a bit and feels a little funny. However, my body has grown accustomed to honey and fruit as sweeteners so it could just be my tastebuds. It could also be from all the citrus. Shrug! The next batch I attempt will be with honey, hope it works out! I'll let you know how it goes :)

Happy 2012!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment