Ku Ku KaChew

Welcome to the world of Ku! This was originally a food blog, but I am turning it into a general collection of my life experiences :)
If you're looking for my raw food blog, you can find it here: http://atlantarawks.blogspot.com

Friday, January 3, 2014

NoCal

Walkin around Stanford's campus on New Year's Day.

Church at Stanford

Rodin's "Burghers of Calais" sculptures at Stanford

The Ku gang!

Stanford

Nice park area

Crazy tree!

Pretty tree

Look how it's leaning!

Palm tree street

Cute acorns

Rodin




Rodin Gates of Hell

Palm tree

Horse made out..... NOT driftwood! It looks like driftwood, but it's not. Can you guess what it is? Take a stab. Plastic? No. Wood? Wrong again. Metal?? You guessed it! It's bronze!!!
This horse was made by Deborah Butterfield and is called Viktoria.

 Painted bronze, "Gay Liberation" done in 1980 by George Segal

View from my aunt's lower porch

Bringin in the new year with hotpot again for dinner, Mahjong, wine, and Bananagrams!!

Papa Ku and me, holding my bag of treasures I picked up around Stanford's campus (driftwood and acorns for my terrariums)

Chillin in the robe and slippers courtesy of The Zen Hotel. Hootie wanted to fly!

Hey Hoooooooootie

San Fran houses

View outside the Legion of Honor Museum where we saw a wonderful exhibit of Anders Zorn, a Swedish artist who did very nice oil, watercolor, and etching pieces.

Golden Gate!

Legion of Honor Museum

de Young Museum

Cool tree

Fountain outside de Young

Cool trees! Reminds me of some of the trees I've seen in Asia

More later! Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. Those Rodin sculptures are amazing. Hootie has your eyes!

    ReplyDelete